FAQ - Waxed Canvas
When do I need to re-wax my Waxed Canvas?
- Though this does depends on how often the fabric is worn or used, it is recommended to re-wax your item once a year with regular use. Another great way to tell: place several drops of water on the canvas, if it doesn't roll off or it absorbs, it's probably time to re-wax!
How do I re-wax my Waxed Canvas?
- Clean your waxed canvas following the instructions above.
- Gather a container of hot water, your C4X wax bar, and a tin or bowl small enough to place in the water.
- Choose a warm room or outside on a warm day.
- Stand the bar in the tin/bowl in the pan of hot water to soften it.
- Work the wax well into the garment a small section at a time, paying attention to seams, creases, and dry patches.
- Rub in well, don’t just paint on.
- Do not use excess wax.
- For a 'factory' finish, blow dry evenly with a hairdryer to help the wax completely absorb into the fibers.
- Hang the garment overnight in a clean, warm place to allow the wax to cure.