FAQ - Cork Fabric
What makes cork fabric so amazing?
- Please visit our About Cork section and find out!
Do I need an industrial sewing machine to sew cork fabric?
- No, it sews wonderfully on any standard sewing machine.
What else do I need to know about sewing with cork?
- We suggest using a fresh, sharp needle with each new project, and we personally use an 80/12 or 90/14 Microtex needle.
- Teflon feet are often recommended but you can use a standard or rolling foot. Play around with it and see what suits you and your machine best. If you are sewing through several layers you may need to make adjustments accordingly.
- Wonder clips. Wonder clips. Wonder clips. You will NOT want to pin your gorgeous cork fabric (and it would be difficult trying to)!
- A longer 4-5 stitch length works well for most projects.
Can I embroider my cork fabric?
- Absolutely, and it's just so beautiful!! You can see a few examples over on our Instagram.
How do I clean my cork fabric?