Emmaline Bags - The Luxie Lunch Sewing Pattern
Carry your lunch, make-up, overnight items, or the entire contents of your handbag in luxury. This is a versatile project that features a wire frame that helps hold the top open wide for easy access. Is it a handbag or a lunch bag? You decide!
Customize the zipped bag to suit your needs by choosing from 2 handle styles, and adding the optional outside zipper pocket.
The frames are removable for washing! Try foil backed thermal fleece/batting to help keep your food chilled. If you would rather have a wipe-clean lining in a lunch bag, you could substitute the cotton lining with any of our favorite FF fabrics.
This pattern is suitable for an advanced beginner to intermediate sewer. Pattern instructions are provided in both imperial and metric measurements and are geared towards an intermediate sewer. Measurements are given to cut pattern pieces with a rotary cutter, ruler and mat.
MATERIALS: Yardages are approximate.
Fabric, Interfacing & Zippers:
- 1/2 yd./0.50 m - Exterior fabric
- 1/2 yd./0.50 m - Exterior Accent fabric
- 1/2 yd./0.50 m - Lining fabric (quilting cotton or waterproof fabric)
- 1/2 yd./0.50 m - Thermal Batting/fleece
- 3/4 yd./0.75 m - Interfacing - light-medium weight fusible interfacing such as Pellon Shapeflex SF101
- 10” x 21 1/2” - Foam Stabilizer
- 1 1/4 yd./1.25 m - Piping Cord or Premade Piping - 5/32”” (4 mm) or larger if preferred
- (1) 22” (56 cm) - Zipper for Exterior Top Opening (#5, 1 1/4” wide, non-separating)
- (1) 9” (23 cm) - Zipper for Exterior Zipper Pocket (#3 nylon all purpose zipper, 1” wide, non-separating)
- 1 Set (Pair) - Internal Wire Frame, Rectangle shaped Style B (10” x 3 1/2”)